Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My Homemade Soap Addiction - a review

So I have an addiction...to boutique, homemade soaps. I just love them. I love that they look like slices of fudge and smell so earthy and rick. I love their papery labels that look shabby chic or rustic. I love using them and making the whole shower smell like an enchanted wood.
My friends know this about me and most of them have similar addictions. My sister-at-heart Bizzy bought me and my son a stack of soaps from her local farmer's market not long before my pumpkin was born.

Tea and Soap Emporium, previously known as Four Sisters Farm, out of Kentucky makes lovely soap. I have tried their Lavender and their Citrus Mint. The latter of the two is sitting on my soap dish now and hints of it are still in the air in the bathroom.

When I first got a whiff of Citrus Mint, I thought it smelled masculine. I later decided that it wasn't so much that it smelled manly, it simply was without the floral or sweet-as-candy notes that so many essential oil soaps have. My husband likes to use it anyways. It is one of my favorites and rivals Basil-Mint as one of my favorite mint scent pairings for perfumes, soaps, and candles.

The lavender is for the baby, I remind myself as I lathered up with it during my retreat into the shower (my only time alone these days). The scent is floral and sweet but light. Tea and Soap Emporium explains the lightness:
"This isn't your grandmothers Lavender. We import our Lavender Essential Oil from a special province in Italy. We searched long and far till we found a essential oil that not only lives up to our quality standards, but doesn't have too much of the musty notes that some Lavender Essential oils deliver."
The result? I feel clean without being perfumed. My mother in law doesn't like the smell of lavender but had no complaints about this scent as she helped me bathe my son. She said he smelled fresh as a daisy.

When I went looking for the shop online I was impressed to find they they carry all sorts of items other than crafty, yummy-smelling soaps. The shop sports a Soap of the Month Club as well as a World Tea Club that is open to all "Wether You live local or far away from the Bluegrass." I will also admit I'm eye-balling their men's line of beard oils for my husband's No-Shave November beard and year-round mustache and goatee.

I also love their site head-note
"Thank you for supporting a small-family owned business."

*I was not paid for this review nor do I have any affiliation with this company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment