Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I'm Going to Be Published (Updates)

Some updates on 3 Books that will be published soon that will contain my writing!

Update from Serenity Grows
We are nearly finished! The final edits have been made before I send it off for reviews. The cover is completed (my goodness it's gorgeous and I can't wait to share it with you!). What reviews we do have are AMAZINGLY wonderful. Although this is coming along smoothly, the pre-order and launch date has been kicked back a few weeks. Just know, this launch is going to be SO BIG!!!
(You can read my initial announcement regarding my piece being published in this project Here)

Njord Devotional
I recently wrote a piece about the Norse God Njord. My piece focused on his instruction on making a fishing talisman as well as a look into his work as a fertility god (an aspect not much discussed in lore or by other pagans).
I also included a yummy offering recipe of Salmon Chowder since salmon are abundant here in Alaska and a favorite fish of mine.
These pieces were accepted and I'm looking forward to future news about this piece. For now you can read about the project through the link above and how all proceeds will be going to The Gloucester Fishermen's Wives Association

Every Day Magic: a Pagan Book of Days
A community project to be published by Moon Books
I submitted 5 pieces for this book of days. I'm very happy with being part of this project. Each piece was surprisingly difficult to write as they can only be 80 words long.
2 of my pieces are prayers to Frigga, Goddess of the Hearth and Marriage as well as Queen of Asgard. The prayers focus on children and marriage.
1 piece is on the benefits of birch waters and 2 others are about fiber arts.
I was accepted recently and haven't heard much yet about the other side of the publishing when it comes to this project. I do know that the acceptance dates were pushed back so the schedule for this work might be in the process of being reworked.

I am very excited to have my writing out there and look forward to working on future projects.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment