Thursday, August 18, 2016

Delights from Handcrafted Honeybee

A little over a week ago I entered a contest on Twitter to guess how many lip balms were in a bucket on a picture shared by Handcrafted Honeybee on the INDIEbusiness feed.

A couple of days ago I received my prize in the mail.
A tube of Handcrafted Honeybee lipbalm and a sample of their probiotic deodorant!

The seratonin honey lipbalm had very little scent and flavor - mostly just the hint of beeswax. I ended up giving it to my husband to wear while at work (he works currently on a boat in the sun and his lips were getting badly chapped). This is a great balm for someone who doesn't want to wear anything with tint or too flavored. Only a little goes a long way as it tends to get too slick if too much is applied. I only put it on once in the morning and my lips felt soft all day. My husband now has soft, kissable lips!

The deodorant, because it is scented, I was a little wary of. I probably would have felt better if it had been their unscented, sensitive skin version as I do have allergies to some fragrance ingredients. That being said, I did test it on my arm and when nothing happened, I applied. After 2 days of wear I feel it is a good product that is very effective in eliminating body odor.
The coconut mango fragrance is sweet smelling and strong. It would be great for wearing when active like when I spend time in the garden or out walking in the heat. I usually prefer a lighter, less sweet scent but it wasn't off-putting.

I was curious about probiotics in deodorant as this was a new concept to me. I did my research and found that many companies are coming out with probiotic deodorants and deodorant bases for those DIYers out there.
David Wolfe explains the matter:
"Deodorants work primarily by killing the odor-causing bacterial in your armpits, but by doing so they often kill good bacterial also. In addition to killing off the good bacteria, they leach chemicals into the body through the skin and lymphatic system.
'Many natural deodorant recipes harness the natural anti-bacterial properties of essential oils, healing powers of coconut oil, and odor eliminating properties of baking soda...Natural deodorants provide the same odor protection while protecting your body from chemical overexposure."

*This quick review was on products I was given for free through a contest. I was not given the products for review nor was I paid for the review. None of the links provided are affiliated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment