Saturday, October 15, 2016

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

October 15th 
National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

To My Little One
I call you daughter but I never knew
I never held you in my arms
I never nursed you
I never looked into your eyes
I never even felt you kick
But I felt you in my heart
When it broke for you
As it remains broken for you. 

I miscarried my child on Christmas Eve 2013. 
I had just learned I was pregnant a week earlier after intuitively knowing it for about a month. 
Years later, I miss her, even though I've had another child, I miss her. 
I think about how she would be playing now. How she would be reacting to her little brother. I see clothes in the story, toys I would be buying, birthday cakes I would be making. 
I cry for her still but not as much as I did that first year. 
I cry for all of us that have lost children. 





No comments:

Post a Comment