Monday, July 18, 2016

Nature Sensory Play for Baby



I am one of those people who LOVES Pinterest and gets tons of ideas of things to make or do with my little one on there. I try my best to actually do the things I pin rather than hoard the ideas away in virtual space, though I know there are so many ideas out there that I love that it will be a long year of acting to get a quarter of them done.
One of the fantastic pins I found was for a nature sensory play for my lil Pumpkin without the risk of him eating or mouthing on something harmful! Score!
This activity is from Hands On As We Grow - Nature Sensory Bag Suncatcher
A No-Mess Way for Toddlers to Explore Nature

I saw the post, was immediately inspired, grabbed a quart bag (a gallon felt a little large for experimenting with) and went outside to find fun, colorful plants and flowers to put in it.

To the bag went rose petals, pumpkin leaves, birch leaves, and even some tomato flowers from the green house along with various leaves from herbs there. I taped the bag to Pumpkin's chair tray and buckled him in for some fun while I got a few chores done. He was thrilled!


The only problem I had was with the tape I used.
If you plan to do this activity, be sure to still use non-toxic plants in the bag just in case your wee one tears or chews a hole in the bag and drinks the water or eats the plant material within.
I plan to repeat this activity often especially as the seasons change and new plant pieces become available or look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment